Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, December 18, 2015

seven days...

Seven days... only... seven days till Christmas...
this time next week... will bring the joy of celebration...

Are you ready...?!

The gift experienced yesterday... Behold, the Lamb of God...
helped prepare a heart...
grateful for the time and gift...
grateful for the one with whom I went...

Grateful for these twenty-five days...
and the call to focus on Him...

Christmas... a time of thanks...
for a promise answered...
a gift received...

Jesus... the fulfillment of the promise...
a forever King...
a Promised Land...
a Life Eternal...

A gift received... only by recognizing... our need...

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prisons to those who are bound;
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor,
and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn;
to grant to those who mourn in Zion --- to give them
a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness
instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead
of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified.
Isaiah 61:1-3 ESV

He came to the poor... with good news...
to the brokenhearted... with healing...
to the captive... with liberty...
to a stump of a world... with hope of life...

Poor and needy...

These words echo through my mind...
recognizing... this is who we are...
this is how He came...

His humble dependence...
from cradle to cross...
no crib... no bed...
no place to call home...
even in death... a borrowed tomb...
showed us who we really are...
He came to live like us...
reveal our poverty...

Poor and needy...

Unless we know the reality of our need...
we will not receive the promise... the gift...
we'll miss it altogether...

The Pharisees in their pride missed it...
actually dismissed it...
disposing of it on a cross... (or so they thought...)

Poor and needy...

He knocks on the door...
but only those who recognize their need...
their blindness...
their dis-ease...
answer it...

"... For you say, I am rich, I have prospered,
and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched,
pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy
from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich,
and white garments so that you may clothe yourself
and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen,
and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. ..."
Revelation 3:17-18 ESV

Those who think they are "blessed"...
let Him knock... and knock... and knock...

"...Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. ..."
Revelation 3:20 ESV

To receive the gift...
to open the door...
you have to hear the message...
receive the truth...
You are poor and needy...
let Me in... so I can heal...
provide... make new...

Are you poor and needy...? or do you have it all together...?

Me... I pray with the psalmist...

As for me, I am poor and needy,
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God!
Psalm 40:16 ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment