Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

a garden walk...

Yesterday... I took a walk with Him... in the garden...

A spiritual discipline for a current study...

The exercise... look at what He has made... notice the wonders... meditate on the depth of His love... talk with Him as to a friend...

So I walk... and just through flowers... and foliage... He speaks love in volumes...




Such abundant color... life... movement...

He calls me to get my camera... and I do... knowing the impossibility of capturing its fullness digitally...




Walking and snapping... wondering at the depth of a love... that goes to such lengths... in detail... diversity... and dimensions... to make such a complex... extravagant... universe... for people to inhabit...




And this just in plants... the non-food-bearing kind...

My heart grows full at the thought of all the other facets of creation...
sky... sunsets... sunrises... shooting stars...
edible creations... spicy... sweet... savory...
wildlife... butterflies... wildebeests... polar bears...
geography in general... canyons... mountains... great gulfs of water...




Full with affirmation of His love... I speak to Him... as a friend...

A recognized burden... recently exacerbated... leaves me weary... one I've carried a long time...

I pour out my heart to Him... in the midst of garden beauty... and creation extravagance...

And He says...

How will I not give you all things...?

His words... take me back to Scripture... the greatest Beauty...
Himself...
His offering...
on a cross...

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all,
how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
Romans 8:32 ESV

His words humble...
fuel hope...
quench doubt...
fire up faith...!

All because... I took a walk in the garden... with Him...

Thank You... Lord... for meeting me... in the garden...

When was the last time you took a garden walk... with Him...?

No comments:

Post a Comment