Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, September 5, 2014

confession... from Thursday...

Thursday... God pressed me to bless another... someone serving me...

Called to leave a large tip... I balked... hesitated... clenched a fist... questioned... and finally... by faith... confirmed His call... and chose to obey...

So the time came...

I said... Keep the change...

The server looked at me... but continued to make change...

I said... I said... keep the change...

All of it... 

Yes...

The look on her face... worth every penny... dollar...

She thanked me...

I said... Your welcome...

I received a blessing too...

But... as I drove off... just seconds later... I realized what I'd done...

I stole God's glory...!

My response to her should have been... Praise God...

After all... it was His idea to bless... not mine... yet... I got to see the joy... feel the joy... and receive thanks...

Yes... Thursday... I stole God's glory...

It is no small thing to steal His glory...
On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat upon the throne, and delivered an oration to them. And the people were shouting, "The voice of a god, and not of a man!" Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last. --- Acts 12:21-23 ESV 
No... it is no small thing to steal His glory...

Me... quickly convicted...  quickly confessed... and asked Him to send her someone to tell her the blessing she received was from Him... and not me...

By grace... forgiven...

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1John 1:9 ESV

Just had to confess...

Praise Him... from Whom ALL blessings flow...

What do you need to confess...?

No comments:

Post a Comment