Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 17, 2015

little faith...

Struggling with writing the study with ladies... past the half-way mark but time feels pressed... and the more I fret... the harder it gets...

The fretting a sign of mistrust... unbelief... little faith...

The last meeting with ladies... I asked for prayer... and one of the sweet ladies who sits at my table says... Why are you worried...? Look at all you've already done...

And I think about it now... after a serious struggle with words... and I wonder... Why isn't it comforting to look back at what's been done...? and trust it will continue to get done...?

Then I see... it's because it doesn't feel like it was me...

It would be much easier to trust my own strength... my own words... work it out for myself... then Yes... I could look back and say... Look what I've done... of course I can do more...

But in this place of listening... trusting Him to bring words and determine the time... everything feels a bit unsure... steps of faith required...

I still have so far to go... when it comes to building faith...

So today I say... Look what He's done...! and determine to trust His faithfulness... which I know from experience... has never failed...

O me of little faith...

Counting on that little faith... hopefully the size of a mustard seed... to fill blank pages with words... and make time to prepare to teach...

And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed,
you could say to this mulberry tree, 
'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you. ..."
Luke 17:6 ESV

Trusting in the power of little faith...

No comments:

Post a Comment