Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 10, 2015

forgetting...

In this week's forgetting... I'm reminded He doesn't...

He doesn't forget where we are... or what we need...

You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Psalm 139:5-6 ESV

He will never leave us... or forsake us... because of absent-mindedness...

Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed,
for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9 ESV

He doesn't forget our loved ones... or our prayers for them...

And another angel came and stood at the altar with a golden censer,
and he was given much incense to offer with the prayers
of all the saints on the golden altar before the throne,
and the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, 
rose before God from the hand of the angel.
Revelation 8:3-4 ESV

He doesn't forget our tears... our sorrows...

You have kept count of my tossings,
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?
Psalm 56:9 ESV

The only thing He does forget...?
His people's transgressions...

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions,
for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. ..."
Isaiah 43:25

Amen... and... Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment