Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

i want to know Him...

Teaching elementary age children His Word in Vacation Bible School this week... makes me think about why I started studying His Word...

My sole purpose for prayerfully delving into the Bible...?
I wanted to know Him...

He had captured my heart... and I just wanted to know Him...
The only things I knew to do to pursue Him...?
Pray... and read His Word...

I don't believe you can get to know Him intimately... personally... without digging deep into Scripture...

My son, if you receive my words
and treasure up my commandments with you,
making your ear attentive to wisdom
and inclining your heart to understanding;
yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:1-5 ESV

Still... today... after 21 years of pursuing daily...
my primary motive for being in His Word...
I want to know Him...

I want to know who He really is...
not who a preacher...
teacher...
denomination...
says He is...

I want to know the real Him...
the One revealed in Scripture...
the timeless... eternal... all powerful... all loving... Creator of the universe...

I just know... the more I learn about Him from His Word...
the more I know His ways...
the more I want to know...

His Word is precious to me...
because He's in it...

And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets,
[Jesus] interpreted to them in all the Scriptures
the things concerning himself.
Luke 24:27 ESV

What about you...?
Do you want to know Him...?
Why do you come to this place...?
Are you seeking Him in the Bible...?

No comments:

Post a Comment