Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

it's just a brief time...

This week I'm a shower house for youth on mission in town...
Every afternoon... 4 pm... they come to shower... clean up... from their day of serving... building... painting...

What I've become so aware of watching... listening... to these teens and their leader... is how fast time flies...

My own children... they went on mission through this same group when they were in high school...

Me... I've worked a kitchen or two for this group...

It just cycles... over... and... over...

I think about how quickly the time has gone...
how babies have grown to adults...
how nieces and nephews I knew as babies... now have babies...

I think about all who've gone before me...
those who knew me as a baby...
those who now have grand-babies... great-grand-babies...
those who've fallen asleep in the Lord...

The time seems short...
flying by...
and the truth strikes...
the entirety of our life on earth is brief...
whether you live 1 hour... or 105 years...

Man is like a breath;
his days are like a passing shadow.
Psalm 144:4 ESV

In the eternal scheme of things... we have a very narrow window of time... to find Him... know Him... serve Him... glorify Him...

It's just a brief time...

What are you doing with yours...?

O Lord, make me know my end
and what is the measure of my days;
let me know how fleeting I am!
Psalm 39:4 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment