Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

holding loosely to my need for peace...

The lesson of enduring faith... and the holding loosely to the things of this world... includes my emotions...

Sunday evening... feeling stressed... pressed by time... led to me willing peace in my spirit... trying to hold tight to my emotions...

It didn't work... the first hint of confrontation... caused me to blow... overreact... apologies ensued...

Today... feeling weary... grumpiness creeping in...

My early morning with Him had been good... His faithfulness so evident during this season of stretching... but the peace of the morning did not last...

So today... I didn't try to force my spirit to succumb... I didn't wrestle down peace...

I'm not sure exactly how to put this in words... but I just sort of let my feelings be...

I took them to Him...
holding the need for peace loosely...
after a while... the ensuing irritability vanished...

This world is not the place... where peace reigns...
the Prince of Peace has overcome...
but the prince of darkness is still allowed the illusion of power...

"...I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace.
In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart;
I have overcome the world." --- Jesus
John 16:33 ESV

Holding loosely to the need for peace...
and now...
holding loosely the need for rest...

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul.
Psalm 23:1-3 ESV

Father God... thank You for Your faithfulness...
even when my spirit is restless...
Thank You for Your grace... where I can just be...
Thank You for providing what I need...
and that I don't have to fight for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment