Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, April 6, 2015

wrapping up... Romans 8...?

Feeling a little at a loss with no place to start today... after six-plus weeks of prompts...

But... Good Friday to Easter... had some interesting moments...

It began with the wrapping up of Romans 8...

Some may be wondering... Why Romans 8 in the first place...?
What was the prompt to spend Lent... wading through Romans 8...?

A few short weeks before... I had a sit down with our new pastor...

In the course of the conversation... a verse from Romans 8 came up...

And we know that in all things God works for the good
of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

Our pastor then proceeded to tell me that when he didn't know the answer to a test question in seminary... he would write... Romans 8... 

One day... one of his professors asked him why he did this...
and he said... It is the answer to everything... (or something to that affect...)

This thought stuck with me... so much so... I believed Him to be moving me to spend time in Romans 8 during the season of Lent...

Moving forward by faith... confirmation came when the final post... of the final passage of Romans 8... fell on Good Friday...! 

When I began... I had no plan... I listened... followed... trusted... and this was the first wonder... of the Easter weekend...

Now... I'm not sure I'm finished with it... not sure I've gleaned all He wanted me to glean... Did I find the answer to everything...? on the journey through Lent...?

Feeling a move to go deeper... but probably not here...

I'll see what the next few days bring...
a wrapping up...?
or a further unwrapping...?

The unfolding of your words gives light;
it imparts understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:130 ESV

Wondering if you learned anything from the walk through Romans 8... or do you have new questions...?

Would love to hear your thoughts... 

Leave a comment... if you feel so moved... 
[click the post title... scroll to the bottom... find the box that says... Post a comment...]

No comments:

Post a Comment