Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, April 27, 2015

more from the psalms...

The reading through of the Psalms... has me recognizing a shift in my spirit...

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it]
and He will sustain you...
Psalm 55:22 Amp

Following a stormy night...
a 5 1/2 hour power outage...
an out of sorts morning...
and a trip to the dentist...
I recognize a peace... a lack of anxiety... which I would have had to battle... as little as a year ago...

Have I learned... to cast my burden on Him...?

In God, Whose word I praise, in the Lord, Whose word I praise,
In God have I put my trust and confident reliance;
I will not be afraid.
Psalms 56:10-11 Amp

Have I grown... in my ability to trust Him...?

For You have delivered my life from death, yes,
and my feet from falling, that I may walk before God
in the light of life and of the living.
Psalm 56:13 Amp

Do I understand... more fully what He has done for me...? His love...? His eternal perspective...?

I wonder at my heart resonating with these words... His Words...

I thank Him... and praise Him... for working in me... for His patience... with me...

I will praise and give thanks to You, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to You among the nations.
For Your mercy and loving-kindness are great,
reaching to the heavens,
and Your truth and faithfulness to the clouds.
Psalm 57:9-10 Amp

Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment