Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

waking up...?

Driving home this evening... at the end of a longish day... I begin to ask... What are we writing today...?

I've seen lots of things today...
things that made me question...
some made me weary...
some were convicting...
some inspired joy and thanks...

Earlier in the afternoon... coming out of the shop... crossing the street to my car... I noticed a woman entering the quilt shop across the way...

The thought came to mind... She's looking for something to fill her life...

And I think about others looking... seeking... for new hobbies... causes... entertainment... ways to fill their lives...

From personal experience... I think... If they want to fill their lives all they need to do is draw closer to Jesus... He'll fill it to overflowing...

...my cup overflows.
Psalm 23:5 ESV

Which led me to wonder... What would it be like... if everyone in the world... or at least this community... lived the life God called them to...?

I think... No one would be lonely... or hungry... there would be more joy... much less fear...

"... Your kingdom come, your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven. ..."
Matthew 6:10 ESV

Then later... I hear words... within the walls of the church... which make me weary... sad... 

Gossip... slights on others within the body of Christ...

Dark words... from a body that's supposed to emit light... and give life... through words...

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths,
but only such as is good for building up,
as fits the occasion, that it may give grace
to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29 ESV

But a bit later... I hear of words glorifying Him... going out into the world... from the same body...

Light... and... dark... in the same body...? 

From the same mouth come blessing and cursing.
My brothers, these things ought not to be so.
James 3:10 ESV

As all this runs through my mind on the way home... I realize the prayer birthed out of each revelation...
prayer for hearts to move toward Him...
petitions for His Kingdom to come...
pleas for mercy... forgiveness... healing...
an offering of thanks... and... praise...


Am I... waking... up...?

No comments:

Post a Comment