Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, April 3, 2015

Romans 8... day 33...

For I am sure that neither death nor life,
nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come,
nor powers, nor height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us from the love of God
in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39 ESV

Powerful...

God's love... in Christ Jesus... is powerful...

So here... on Good Friday... I see... this powerful love... in the cross...

Neither death... nor life...
angels... or rulers...
things present... or things to come...
powers... heights... depths...
not anything in all creation...
is able to separate us from this love...
that held Him to the cross...

Don't you see that's the only thing that kept Him there...?

"... Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father,
and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels?..."
---Jesus
Matthew 26:53 ESV

Jesus... made it clear at the time of His arrest... speaking to the disciple who drew a sword... This is my choice...

I'm reminded of the first time I fasted...
the day was long...
the temptations numerous...

By the end... I was staring at a candy jar in my kitchen...
thinking how easy it would be... just to lift the lid... and eat...

Struggling... I prayed a foolish prayer...
Lord... at least You had chains binding You... dragging You to the cross...

Instantly... He said...
As easily as you could lift that candy jar lid... I could have come out from under the chains...

That... is a perspective changer...

Take a moment... read all Romans 8... in its entirety...

Do you find your perspective changed...?

Do you find new encouragement to live by the Spirit... and not by the desires of the flesh...?

Do you have a deeper understanding of being His child...? what it means to be an heir...? what sonship entails...?

Do you get why...? all things work for good in the lives of those who love Him...? and answer the call to fulfill His purpose...?

Do you feel sure...? of His powerful love...? for you...?

Yes...
LOVE... 
held Him on the cross...

What... in all creation...
could ever separate us...
from a love powerful enough...
to hold the Creator on a cross...

Lord Jesus... thank You...
Continue to grow me in knowledge and understanding...
when it comes to Your love... and grace...
Let Your Word... encourage me... to live every moment...
by the Spirit... and not by my flesh...
Thank You for Your love...
that saved me...

No comments:

Post a Comment