Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Journey Readings: Week 128... and His response to worship...

The dedication of the temple... revolved around an elaborate worship service...
sacrifices... songs of praise... prayer...

King Solomon asked God to be attentive to all who directed their prayers toward His presence in this place...

God responded...

"I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself
as a house of sacrifice. ...
Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer
that is made in this place. For now I have chosen
and consecrated this house that my name may be there forever. 
My eyes and my heart will be there for all time.
2 Chronicles 7:12, 15-16 ESV


Believers who truly sacrifice...
take up their crosses to follow Him... lay aside self... 
repent of sin...
sing songs of praise...
worship Him with every moment of their lives...
receive His presence...
the Holy Spirit... dwelling in them...

In response to our sacrifice... prayer... worship... He responds...
I have heard your prayer... and chosen this place...
My eyes open... My ears attentive... to prayer in this place...
I have chosen... and consecrated this house... for My name...

Jesus asked His Father... on behalf of those who would believe...

"... Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. ..."
John 17:17 ESV

He consecrates... He sanctifies... His temple within our bodies... by His Word... His Truth...

I long to have the confidence... of hearing Him speak to my spirit... in response to my worship... to hear I am chosen by Him... to be a place He sees... and hears... and consecrates me by His Word...

To be in His Word... and allow His Word to be in us...
is how we come to know what it means...
to worship... sacrifice... pray... praise...
and become prepared to hear...
I have chosen... and consecrated this house... your heart... for My name...

Be in His Word... follow along on The Journey...

This week's readings...
Monday                 2 Chronicles 16-17
Tuesday                2 Chronicles 18-19
Wednesday            2 Chronicles 20
Thursday               2 Chronicles 21-23
Friday                   2 Chronicles 24:1 - 25:13

No comments:

Post a Comment