Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Journey Readings: Week 116... and... can't vs won't...

The beginning of the book of Jeremiah reveals a nation chosen by God... Israel... a nation loved by Him... as a Husband loves His wife...

But Israel... she turned into an adulterous wife...

She did not obey...
she wandered...
she believed herself faithful to Him...
she believed she could spend time with other gods...
seek other sources of life...
and still please Him on the side...

Her disobedience...
the forsaking of her first love...
stirred up God's jealous wrath...

He didn't want to punish...
He tried to get her attention so many other ways...
through prophets...
and discipline far short of exile and destruction...
but she refused to see... refused to listen...
refused to take responsibility for her wander-lust...

And then He speaks through Jeremiah a truth...

Thus says the Lord:
"Stand by the roads, and look,
and ask for the ancient paths,
where the good way is; and walk in it,
and find rest for your souls.
But they said, 'We will not walk in it.'
Jeremiah 6:16 ESV

He gives His wandering bride direction...
you hear His heart... breaking... at her response...
We won't...

So often His people... say...
I can't...
I don't have time...
I wish I could...
I tried...
but the reality is...
what we say is...
I won't...

I can't... is a whole different story than... I won't...

There are things we truly can't do...
paralytics can't walk by themselves...
the blind can't see...
the deaf can't hear...

But for Believers in Jesus...
when it comes to doing things His Way...
being obedient to His Word... (even reading His Word...)
in the face of all the worldly options and wisdom...
it all comes down to I won't...

Are you saying I can't... I tried... I wish...
when it comes to your walk with God...?

Begin owning the truth... say... I won't...

You see in Christ... He made a way for us to follow His Way...
He has empowered us through Jesus... by the Holy Spirit...
to do all the Father calls us to do...

For I can do everything through Christ,
who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13 NLT

Own your I won't...
seek His Way...
say... I can... I will... through Him who gives me strength...

This week's readings...
Monday                    Jeremiah 7:30 - 9:26
Tuesday                    Jeremiah 10
Wednesday              Jeremiah 11-12
Thursday                 Jeremiah 13:1 - 14:12
Friday                      Jeremiah 14:13 - 15:21

No comments:

Post a Comment