Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, March 17, 2016

memory work...

Challenged by the current Bible study to do some memory work... (emphasis on work...) of Scripture...

It is hard...
it is a stretching...
an exercise...
for my brain...

What I've found... as I repeat... over... and... over...
is that it does become easier...
however... the most important thing...
is the connecting of verses... phrases...
not only as they go together...
but as they connect with my spirit...
much more deeply than any cursory reading...

Today the phrase that rings fresh...
...we had boldness in our God...

That's something I want...
that I might not have seen...
without this stretching of my memory...

Boldness in our God...
to trust... obey... serve...
declare His gospel...
live the gospel...
without fear or hesitation...

To be able to say...
I have boldness in my God...
and it be true...
would be something to be sure...

A phrase to pray...
only found because I chose to obey...
the prompting to commit His Word to memory...

Yes... it's work... but a spiritual work...
well worth the effort...

I challenge you to memorize His Word this week...
a phrase... a verse... or maybe even a whole chapter or book...
see if it increases your boldness in God...

With my whole heart I seek you;
let me not wander from your commandments!
I have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
Blessed are you, O Lord;
teach me your statutes!
Psalm 119:10-12 ESV

Note... I'm currently using ScriptureTyper... a free online service developed specifically to help you memorize Scripture... it's really helping me...

No comments:

Post a Comment