Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, March 31, 2016

psalm 103... and Easter perspective... part four...

Another day... another look at Psalm 103... from the vantage point of Easter...

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
and forget not all his benefits...
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
Psalm 103:5

More of His benefits...
seen from this side of the cross...

He satisfies our desires with good things...

God created us to be in relationship with Him...

In the words of the Westminster Shorter Catechism...
Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.
---Westminster General Assembly, 1647
After the Fall... man's relationship with God was severed...

That which fulfilled him... lost...

Jesus... through His sacrifice on the cross...
His death... and resurrection...
made the Way... for us to come again...
into relationship with Him...

By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way
through the curtain into the Most Holy Place.
Hebrews 10:20 NLT

Our hearts' desire can only be satisfied in Him...
and through Him... by way of the Spirit...
we can know again... the satisfaction... of His presence...
walk in the fulfillment... of what we were created for...

Not only did Jesus make the way for good things...
He also makes the way for our youth to be renewed like an eagle's...

He made the way for us to receive His power... strength... energy...

I can't tell you how many in my life... say over and over...
I'm so tired...
and these are not old people... they are youths...!

I used to be there once myself...
maybe you are now...
constantly tired... run down... no energy...

But what I've found to be true...
is over the more than two decades I've been pursuing Him...
obeying Him... allowing Him to work and heal...
the less often I feel tired...

In my 50+ years... I find myself amazed...
at the energy I do have at this point in my life...

And when I feel myself failing...
I cry out to Him... for the strength He promises...
to do all He calls me to do...

This right here... today... could not have been done...without the truth of His Word...

I am able to do all things through Him
who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13 HCSB

I truly believe... have experienced...
increasing satisfaction with life...
increasing energy and strength...
by pouring out my life for Him...

I pray you will trust and experience the same...

Father God... thank You for the Way You prepared...
to restore relationship... to fulfill... and energize... Your people...
Amen... 

No comments:

Post a Comment