Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

psalm 103... an Easter perspective... part two...

Yesterday started a series...
one unplanned...
one entered into by faith...
Psalm 103... an Easter perspective...

Today... part two...

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits ---
who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases...
Psalm 103:2-3

I had some today...
both sins... and... diseases...

Let me explain...
I wasn't physically ill...
but several years ago... I can't remember where now...
I read a teaching... where they broke down the word disease...
to it's two parts... dis... ease...

It really spoke to my heart...
and it hasn't left my mind...
dis-ease... isn't that what every illness is...?
whether it's physical...? emotional...? spiritual...?

Our ease is no more... it's been disturbed...
turned upside down...
the prefix dis-... means opposite of...

So I experienced some spiritual dis-ease this morning...
on account of sin...

Sinful thoughts... attitudes... causing much dis-ease in my spirit...

I didn't act on any of the corrupt thoughts...
but they effected me just the same...

What a blessing... what ease can be had...
to know... in Jesus... all our sins are forgiven...!
all our dis-eases healed...!

The prayer went out...
Jesus... forgive me my selfishness... and arrogance...
forgive this darkness bubbling up in my heart...
Take captive every thought... make it obedient to You...

In Him... He not only forgives... but brings healing...
to those places in our hearts... 
dark things we might not even see...
He reveals... and deals with...

A question has also been set before Him...
What is the root of this darkness...?
Reveal it... Heal it... 
Amen...

In Him... we need not stay in a state of dis-ease over anything...
sin... physical illness... emotional distress... spiritual upheaval...

By the power of His Spirit... in faith...
we can invite Him in...
for forgiveness... and healing...

Amen... Amen... and... Amen...

What sin...? what dis-ease...? do you need to bring to Him...?

No comments:

Post a Comment