Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Journey Readings: Week 97... and homeward bound...

Homeward bound...
the message of the prophets...
the perspective we are to keep...
the direction we are to look...
focused on pilgrimage...

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David,
the fallen hut or booth, and close up its breaches;
and I will raise up its ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old...

And I will bring back the exiles of My people Israel,
and they shall build the waste cites and inhabit them;
and they shall plant vineyards and drink the wine from them;
they shall also make gardens and eat the fruit of them.
And I will plant them upon their land,
and they shall no more be torn up, out of the land
which I gave them, says the Lord your God.
Amos 9:11, 14-15 Amp

A day of restoration is coming...

Fear not, O Land; be glad and rejoice,
for the Lord has done great things.
...
And I will restore or replace for you the years
that the locust has eaten --- the hopping locust,
the stripping locust, and the crawling locust,
My great army which I sent among you.
Joel 2:21, 25 Amp

The exile... the pain... all for a purpose...
revealing the remnant...
to bring them home...

This is still the message today...
the whole world a place of trial...
tribulation...
affliction...
until... He... brings... us... home...

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God,
believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms.
If it were not so, would I have told you that I go
to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place
for you, I will come again and will take you to myself,
that where I am you may be also. ...---Jesus
John 14:1-4 ESV

Look to Him... homeward bound...

This week's readings...
Monday               Hosea 3-5
Tuesday               Hosea 6-8
Wednesday          Hosea 9-10
Thursday              Hosea 11-14
Friday                  Micah 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment