Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

lessons from the massage table...

Yes... I had a massage today...
as she tells me...Think limp lasagna... relax...
I think... That doesn't really help...

Trying to relax... rest... in the working of muscles...
a new thought enters...

Rest... as clay... in the Potter's hands...

Clay... I can relate to that...
all mankind formed from the dust of the ground...
a conglomeration of dirt... water... minerals... salts...
that's what I'm made of...

And as she pushes...
pulls...
pounds...
and presses...
I ask Him to teach me...
to rest... relax...
in His hands...
as He pulls...
pounds...
and presses...
in my life...

I pray to be sensitive to His touch...
able to rest... even when it hurts...

Learning to be... clay in His hands...
not resisting... the circumstances...
people... He brings into my life...
but rest... trusting that He's at work...
for good...
for healing...
for transformation...

So when I went down to the potter's house,
and there he was working at his wheel.
And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled 
in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into
another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.
Then the word of the Lord came to me:
"O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done?
declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand,
so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. ..."
Jeremiah 18:3-8 ESV

Father God... help me to embrace Your lessons
from the massage table... Help me to learn...
to rest and trust... in the work You are about in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment