Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 26, 2013

more on... testimony...

The two thoughts... shared the last two days... He binds together...

Still I'm amazed when I don't see it coming... even though He does it often... building thought... on thought... on Word... to deepen... expand... a message...

Testimony... for Christ... written on the heart of every Believer... remains hidden in the ark... when we lean on our own understanding... the Light... kept under a bushel... so to speak...

Leaning on our own understanding... we default to our old heart... which is not good...

For out of the heart come evil thoughts (reasonings and disputings and designs) such as murder, adultery, sexual vice, theft, false witnessing, slander, and, irreverent speech.
Matthew 15:19 Amp

Oswald Chambers... today... focused on this particular passage... Matthew 15:18-20... and said...
We begin by trusting our ignorance and calling it innocence, by trusting our innocence and calling it purity; and when we hear these rugged statements of Our Lord's, we shrink and say --- 'But I never felt any of those awful things in my heart.' We resent what Jesus Christ reveals. Either Jesus Christ is the supreme Authority on the human heart, or He is not worth paying any attention to. Am I prepared to trust His penetration, or do I prefer to trust my innocent ignorance?  
---My Utmost For His Highest, July 26
Will we give a testimony that reveals Light... by agreeing with Him... or will we give false testimony... based on our understanding... choosing to please self... and lead others astray...?

There's a choice... stay comfortable... in the dark... or face the hard Truth... that brings light... and freedom...

I've come to accept... there is no choice... agreeing with Simon Peter...

"Lord, to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life. ..."

There is no other Way...

Bonhoeffer, too, had words today... that echoed... the same...
The essence of Christianity lies in the news of the sovereign God, to whom alone honor is due in all the world. It is news of the eternal Other; the One who is apart from the world; the One who in love and out of the ground of his being has mercy on human beings, who give honor to him alone; who undertakes the journey to human beings in order to seek his honor in the vessels where human beings are no longer anything, where they fall silent, where they give way to God alone.
--- I Want to Live These Days with You, "The News of the Sovereign God", July 26 (my emphasis)
Giving way... to God alone... in understanding... in word... in deed... through radical... trusting... obedience...

Obedience... unlocks the ark of our hearts... to reveal the testimony...

Here... again... He's expanded... the word for the year... deepened a lesson... a heart overwhelmed... truly amazed... by Him... and His teaching...

Chambers's devotion... goes on to say...
If I have never been a blackguard, the reason is a mixture of cowardice and the protection of civilized life; but when I am undressed before God, I find that Jesus Christ is right in His diagnosis.
The only thing that safeguards is the redemption of Jesus Christ. If I will hand myself over to Him, I need never experience the terrible possibilities that are in my heart. 
--- My Utmost for His Highest, July 26 
Having seen... the depth of darkness... in my own heart... I find comfort... grace... peace... in the redemption of Jesus Christ... knowing He is my only safeguard... I continue to welcome... the Light of Truth...

Lord... continue to teach me Your understanding... continue to reveal... where I fail to offer valid testimony... of You... embolden me... to radical obedience... to give way... to You... alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment