Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, July 14, 2013

setting sights...

A morning walk... with my husband whom I invited to join me... no particular destination in mind... the purpose for me... get my aerobic workout over for the day...

With an eye on the stop watch... I picked a point just ahead... and told my spouse where we would turn around...

It was then he said it...

Now that I know where I'm going 
I can walk with purpose in my step.

...and he did... this man who runs... not particularly into walking... began to take bigger strides... a goal was before him...

My thoughts had been on a friend... called to practice a spiritual discipline... a fast... until... no set time line... just... until...

We do so much better when we know when the end is to come... when we can let up... let go... relax... when we're done...

But our call as Believers... in the everyday business of walking... His Way... is... until...

...until... He... returns...

But nobody knows that particular date... or... time... only the Father...

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. ..." ---Jesus
Matthew 24:36

We are also to continue... until...

...until... we... look... like... Him...

But for the finite... in its brokenness... to strive toward infinite perfection... takes a while... (like forever...!)

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. ...forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14 ESV

That's why His Word tells us...




Knowing... the One coming... the One transforming... puts purpose in our step...

Until... is the everyday... a time unforeseeable in the distance... but a destination... just the same...

Walk with purpose... setting sights ... on Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment