Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, June 18, 2012

why not to stress when things don't go quite right

Today began with plans for the son just graduated to go to camp... needed to be at church at 8:30am for an ETD of 9:00am.

Around 6:00am... I heard: Mom...

Went to see... I don't feel good... a stomach ache. Checked him out... medicated him... and told him not to worry about camp. It didn't look like he would be going today.

9:26am... on the porch with daughter, the wannabe camper emerges... I feel better...

We waited to make sure his recovery wasn't masked by meds...

11:30am... I feel fine... test the healing with a sandwich and a brownie...

12:30pm... calling camp to check out procedure for bringing a camper late... the coordinator will have to call back...

3:58pm... call from coordinator... Bring him on... the sooner the better!

The work begins... finding directions online... finding someone to come and sit with the in-house elder...

4:30-ish pm... out the garage and on the road...

5:30-something pm... arrive at camp... check-in... drop off son... off toward home...

On the way out, the head of the Prayer Trail catches my attention. That pressing of the heart begins... a call from God... walk the trail...

There is no place to park but on the side of the road. No one around to ask if it is OK... drive by... turn around... walk the trail...

The discussion with God begins: What if they don't want me to stop and walk? I should really go ask someone. Make sure it's OK...

Back up the road, past the main office, u-turn back to the main office: You know it will be closed... it's 5:45pm... in the parking lot, out of the car, into the office... no one there...

On my way out the door a man walks across the parking lot... I introduce, explain what I would like to do... Of course you can...

Well... of course I can...God told me to... when will I learn to trust Him rather than ask man for the OK... when will I learn... that He has a reason for all things... timing is His...

Earlier in the day would not have been good for the walk... a son without a ache would not have led me to this place...

So... why not to stress when things don't go quite right?

He is before all things,
and in him all things hold together.
Colossians 1:17

He has a plan and purpose in it all... the not quite right day... put me in the exact right place for a walk. A walk that provided insight, encouragement, and a blog post for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment