Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, June 11, 2012

treasured truth

I heard it... in the background... during a phone call with an elderly aunt...

She's talking to a precious niece...

Her husband speaking to the home health nurse that just arrived...

"Les is talking about you. You are a precious niece," she said to me... she continued... so proud... you're parents would be proud... your dad...

Tears well... throat tightens... so unworthy of these words...
My mind fills with all that I know of me... all that God knows... all that He's forgiven... unknown to most... the pain I've caused... my Savior... others... so unworthy...

Hard to hear... when I know who... what... I've done... and been...

One of my struggles... to accept the name... God has given me...
Treasured...
So hard to believe...

But I see it... in His Word...

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrated his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:6-8
(my emphasis)

... Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
 Mark 2:17
(my emphasis)

For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 7:6
(emphasis mine)

Hard to believe... to accept... but I must... it is true... all else... lies... from the enemy... meant to kill... steal... and destroy... the life He has prepared for me...

You... do you believe a lie...?
One that says you are unworthy...?
Today... choose to believe Truth... you are... treasured...

Whatever was past... has been made new... in Christ...

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
the old has gone, the new has come!
2Corinthians 5:14

Believe... and live...

No comments:

Post a Comment