Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Saturday, June 23, 2012

unexpected change

Unexpected change... in me... the introverted-perfectionist... the one who easily stresses over the unexpected...

Among the changes with the move-in of the elder... came daily weekday help... the kind of situation that makes an introverted-perfectionist feel... exposed... someone from outside... in my space daily...

The exercise... practice... of letting someone outside... enter daily... has forged humility... transparency... or at the very least highlighted subtle changes that God has been working in me over the long-haul...

This week an unexpected call... unexpected company... the perfectionist-introvert barely flinched... no anxiety... no frustration... just did what needed to be done to offer hospitality... comfort... a warm welcome...

Unexpected changes... no one else may see... but in me... it feels very different... surprising... a transformation I would not have foreseen amidst all the changes I knew would come with the move-in of the elder...

Praise God... from whom all blessings flow...

Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits...
Psalm 103:1-2
(my emphasis)

No comments:

Post a Comment