Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, June 7, 2012

stirred and distracted

It started last night... continued into the morning... a stirred distracted heart... mind, will, and emotions... stirred up over things out of my control... of course... really nothing is in my control...

As I tried to settle... tell my heart to rest... the prompting to read more of Job... from my reading-through... entered my thoughts...

Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm. ...
Job 38:1

God speaks in the storm... the whirlwind... of distracted and stirred hearts... My desire to impart wisdom on others... wisdom and understanding that lead to action... new paths... returning... repairing... was answered by...

"... Who has put wisdom in the inward parts
or understanding to the mind?..."
Job 38:36
ESV

Reminded... only God gives wisdom and understanding... I cannot...

Why get frustrated with those who don't get my words of wisdom... those who don't do differently in response to words... which is exactly what stirs...?

Brought again to the truth of battle...

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood,
but against the rulers, against the authorities,
against the cosmic powers over this present darkness,
against spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12
ESV
(emphasis mine)

My frustration... my wrestling... is not with the flesh and blood loved ones... it is with this present darkness... the one ruling over... those unseen... who have deceived...

So the challenge for me... to rest... and to not wound... the flesh and blood... deceived by the dark...

Return, o my soul, to your rest;
for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.
Psalm 116:7
(my emphasis)

I know this from my own experience... my own darkness... obliterated by light... so now... I wait... and trust... for Him to deal bountifully... with those I love...

No comments:

Post a Comment