Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the trail of a not quite right day

not quite right day led to a walk down a Prayer Trail...

At the beginning of the trail... just to the right of a large wooden cross... a painted paver rested... a scene of orange and red... a tribute to His everlasting light...

A walking prayer begins... Your light is everlasting...

Trees along the trail bear signs... signs of the Word...


Signs turned to prayers... In the beginning You created heaven and earth... 

Mosaic pavers sat to the right... multicolored... glass tile...


A verse I know... You love Your creation...

Along the trail... multiple benches... memorials... named with those who placed them... in my spirit... I hear Him warn... Do not get distracted by people...

From that point... I look only for the Word... resist the temptation to read each stone... each marker... I wait to be drawn... to what He has to say...

Standing... a breeze blows into my face... soft... warm... Your Spirit is in this place...

Moving forward... other words seen...

Believe

on a cross...

Christ is Risen

 another tree with a Word...


and... visible from the same spot...


The walk requires repentance... Forgive me for seeking man's permission rather than trusting You...

A verse from the study with sisters comes to mind... cryptic... one I can't quite get my head around...


Understanding begins to dawn... There is no variance with You or shadow cast by turning... You cast no shadow because You ARE light...

From the same study another truth... Drawn away by my own evil desires... drawn into the shadows...

Where I stand... the sun is at my back... casting a shadow on the trail before me... creating a metaphor for a spiritual truth... a lesson from the Everlasting Light...

When we turn our back to God... the Light of the world... all we see is shadow... the dark... the hard... the tempting...

But when we turn... into the Light... all we see is Light... the shadow is behind...

A truth to share with sisters in study... the wrestling of the Word... the counting of all trials as great joy... only makes sense in the Light... the Light that redeems... heals... offers hope... and promise...

Our choice on how to receive trials... with our back to God... living in shadow... seeing only shadow... or... seeking His face... His light... where there is NO variation... or shadow cast by turning... all is good... all from His hand... for the perfecting... maturing...

But to stand in such light is hard... eyes squint... heads turn... the shadow seems gentler... kinder... it makes more sense to the flesh to hide and take solace in the dark... trials... pain... how can that be counted as joy?

Only by standing in the Light... do we have any hope...

My final words of prayer on the trail... When I am in You, Jesus, I am light! I cast no shadow... teach me to live in You!

Remaining trees on my walk bear truth...


and... a prayer fitting for the end of the walking...

No comments:

Post a Comment