Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, June 21, 2012

more opportunities to trust

The last few weeks... and the move-in of the elder-in-law... have offered opportunities to practice rolling my way onto the Lord... and trust...

Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him, and he will act.
Psalm 37:5
ESV

Two desires planned... or in the hoped-to-be-planned stage... before the impromptu blessing of the move-in occurred...

1) The eight week study with sisters... in my home... something desired for years... but this was the first time the elements seemed to fall into place for it to happen...

2) The hope of having a few days away with my husband... an anniversary trip... somewhere new for both of us...

The needs of the elder-in-law made each seem questionable... yet the study was already advertised... and by faith... I acknowledged that God knew all this was coming when He made the way... I went with it... commited my way to Him... trusted... and waited for Him to act...

Within two weeks of the study... help was in place to be present with my father-in-law during the study... but the week before... the help's son had chest pain that led to open heart surgery... the sure help seemed unsure... still I did not cancel... did not reschedule... I waited for Him to act...

He did... help in place... and the study joy-full...

The trip... however... still not settled... no reservations... some help in place... less than a week to ETD... but... I'm choosing to trust... other times I would have rather canceled then withstood the uncertainty... I would have driven my husband crazy with prodding to choose... manipulated myself into a tizzy...

Yet today... I see another opportunity for Him to act... the signs are in place... joy and excitement in my heart... instead of frustration and anxiety... prompts from God on how to deal with the daily posts of the menu... surely He is at work... so I continue to roll and trust...

The doing of this exercise... the implanting of this word... has begun to grow a peace and trust that has been absent most of my adult life...

For the word of the Lord is right and true;
he is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 33:4

What word have you implanted lately... in your heart... in your life?
Have you seen the fruit of implanted word... experienced transformation?

No comments:

Post a Comment