Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

abc's

Considering the next entree selections for Jeremiah's Menu... I continue to be drawn to acrostics... in different readings... I discover new ones... other Psalms... and even the Proverbs 31 woman... an acrostic...

The aleph-bet-ical organization of God's Word... designed for memory... aligned... for easy recall...

Delving into an acrostic psalm today... I went to Logos exegetical guide... looking for each one of the twenty-two Hebrew letters... the ones of Psalm 119... I became stumped... one letter missing...

Much searching brought me to a commentary... noting Psalm 37 as... An almost complete alphabetic acrostic...

What do I do with that...? I don't know...

Were students of Psalms stumped... by the missing letters in the almost complete acrostic psalm... as they tried to memorize...?

And why do I keep thinking another acrostic is next on the menu...?

A Hebrew acrostic does not help me memorize... but maybe it's the thought... that these words are important... important enough for God to inspire as abc's...

Memory is also on my mind lately... attempting to memorize a large chunk of the Word... by faith... A feat I know I cannot do on my own... an inspired attempt... one my flesh would never choose... but the exercise... of memorizing... keeps me in the Word... when I catch thoughts going astray... I begin to recite... in my mind... the brief part I've learned... so far...

Another verse comes to mind... when I think of memorizing holy verse... one I memorized a while ago...

I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
Psalm 119:11

Notice... this is a verse from Bet... in the Psalm 119... acrostic...

An important thing to remember... to know... hiding God's Word... by memory in your heart... decreases the tendency to sin...

Yes... abc's... they are important... and so is eating the Word... till it is hidden... deep in your bones... in your heart... where it is a part of all you do...

No comments:

Post a Comment