Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Saturday, June 16, 2012

disconnected...

The no words from yesterday... revealed today... as a disconnect...

This morning, studying for my time with sisters, regarding steadfastness and temptation, led me to see I neglected a practice I thought was a habit... a joy... I wouldn't forget...

But yesterday, an odd day. Loved ones off work for a tournament, taking time to play. The day was off from the beginning, the need to leave early left no time for the habits I thought ingrained...

I neglected my first morning practice of giving thanks... the challenge of One-thousand Gifts... my own list of one thousand. A hard practice for the thankless and self-centered me, the one looking at the half that is empty rather than the half that is full... Just this week, on the list...

447. God's help in continuing this practice

The practice of journaling each morning the graces and thanks from the previous day was the thought behind the listing: Yes, God is changing my heart... thanks giving... identifying gifts... is becoming a part of me...

Then the no words of yesterday...

As I studied the lesson of temptation, steadfastness, sin, and the truth of our own desires... I connected the disconnect to a lack of habit... my steadfastness not so fast...

How easy habits can be neglected... those needed for life!

For two days now I have missed the exercise needed to keep my health issues in check.
The thanklessness of yesterday, so easily forgotten in the busy and out of ordinary day.

Thank full... for the revelation of the day...

494. the James study that teaches

Now... to exercise...

And let steadfastness have its full effect,
that you may be perfect and complete,
lacking in nothing.
James 1:4
(emphasis mine)

No comments:

Post a Comment