Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, May 25, 2012

lessons from an offspring

A busy day...
a graduation day... the youngest offspring done with high school...

Me... a "do-er"... often too pragmatic... one who gets frustrated at the slow steady pace of the son who graduates today...

Chores to be done... ones he's procrastinated... one he's to do regularly... but avoids till it's time-consuming... on a day when time seems to be in short supply...

"I really need to go," he said... words... with chores unfinished... tick a mom off!

"Your responsibilities here are just as important... yada yada yada..." the reprimand from a mom pressed...

He announces that he's done... "I'm taking a shower..."

"OK"... the do-er in me... expecting him to frantically rush... dress... run out the door...

Minutes pass... a half-hour or more... an hour behind his schedule... me... ready to run out to do my own errands... What is he doing?... desiring to speak final reminders before I leave... before he leaves... there is doing to do...

Finally... I knock on his bedroom door... purse on arm... list in hand... "Are you about ready to go?"

"Almost."

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah..."

Opening the door... the lesson takes shape... no frantic... hurried... son... I see... son sitting... reading... Bible in hand... on the edge of the bed...

Ohhh... that's something I had not found time to do... on a day of do-ing...

I say my piece... rush out the door...

Returning home... still a list of "do"s... but I remember that picture... him... sitting quietly on his bed... Word open... an hour later than he wanted to be...

Therefore I sit... start my reading-through for the day... in the Word...

Then reminded... moved... to share the lesson with you...

Sit... take time... be in the Word... the best thing to do... the only Way... to get things done...

...Mary... sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said.
..."Mary has chosen what is better,
and it will not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:38-42
(my emphasis)

The second lesson... be willing to see... in those you've instructed so long... the lessons they now have to teach you... don't look down on anyone... because they are young...

Maybe... one day... I will graduate too... to a new level of faith...





Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment