Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, May 21, 2012

after a collision

Saturday... an ER visit... sitting with cousin and her daughter... listening to the account of the accident... a car (no brakes?) pulled right out...  cousin slammed brakes... swerved... stopped by barbed wire... air-lifted...

She... assured by highway patrol... it was not your fault... plenty of witnesses... Her response... of course it was not my fault... I was cruising at 70mph... he pulled right out in front of me...

I remember... cousin's account... her confidence of innocence... Sunday morning... after another collision... one of the heart... a colliding of souls... words spoken sharply... a response to my questions... cruising through the morning... when out of nowhere... my heart crushed...

I thought later... how comforting it would be to have the Heart Patrol... Conversation Police... say: ...there were plenty of witnesses... this collision was not your fault...

In doubt... I search my heart for hidden motives... agendas... Am I being controlling... cruising along not thinking as I speak? Or was I blind-sided... out of nowhere... by words with no brakes...?

Wishing for witnesses... ones who speak unbiased truth... I realize... there was a Witness... the One who knows all hearts...

I appeal to Him... reveal my fault... test my heart...

In worship... the sermon... Psalm 11... my attention captured... a reality revealed...

For look, the wicked bend their bows;
they set their arrows against the strings
to shoot from the shadows at the upright in heart.
Psalm 11:2
(my emphasis)

There is an enemy... waiting... aiming... in the shadows... to pierce the heart of Believers.... will use anyone as a bow... loved ones... lost or otherwise...

Even I... any Believer... may also be his bow... to pierce the lost... or the loved...

Diligence required... taming of the tongue... more silence... than words... needed...

Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent,
and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 17:28

Collisions of the soul... begin with words... reckless... piercing...

Uncertain of my guilt... or innocence... I turn to the Word... the One made flesh... the One in whom I'm free from sin... and condemnation...

The Lord is in his holy temple;
the Lord is on his heavenly throne.
He observes the sons of men;
his eyes examine them.
Psalm 11:4

In Him... I have peace...
In Him... I can love... past the pain...
In Him... I will rise...
Air-lifted... in forgiveness... healing... hope...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. Your writing has blessed me. Amarilys Rassler (Marggie)

    ReplyDelete