Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, December 4, 2016

The Journey Readings: Week 153... and questions...

Last week's readings... took us through the book of Zechariah...
a prophet given words of encouragement...
both the comfort kind... and a sharp stick in the side kind...
to move His people forward in obedience...

Zechariah received a series of visions... messages...
brought by the angel of the Lord...

Zechariah saw... but he didn't understand...

"I saw in the night, and behold, a man riding on a red horse!
He was standing among the myrtle trees in the glen,
and behind him were red, sorrel, and white horses.
Then I said, 'What are these, my lord?' The angel who talked
with me said to me, 'I will show you what they are.' ..."
Zechariah 1:8-9 ESV

And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, four horns!
And I said to the angel, "What are these?"
and he said to me, "These are the horns that have scattered
Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."
Then the Lord showed me four craftsmen. And I said,
"What are these coming to do?" He said, "These are the four horns
that scattered Judah, so that no one raised his head.
And these have come to terrify them, to cast down
the horns of the nations who lifted up their horns
against the land of Judah to scatter it."
Zechariah 1:18-21 ESV

And I lifted my eyes and saw, and behold, a man with a measuring line
in his hand! Then I said, "Where are you going?"
And he said to me, "To measure Jerusalem..."
Zechariah 2:1-2 ESV

These are just a few of his questions in response to what he saw...

God revealed...
Zechariah questioned...
God answered... clarified...

I see a lesson to remember...
when He reveals... in Word or vision...
we will not always understand...
but we do have the responsibility of humbly asking...
What...? Why...? Who...?
embracing our... I don't understand...

By faith we hear... see... what He reveals...
and by faith we pursue with questions...

Too often we assume He doesn't speak in visions anymore...
He doesn't speak and share what He's doing with His people...
but He does...
He is the same... yesterday... today... forever...

Open your heart to embracing ignorance...
when it comes to the surrounding spiritual reality...

Open your heart to questions...
when you believe He's revealed...
but you don't understand...
ask...

He will answer...

This week's readings...
Monday                Revelation 1:1 - 2:11
Tuesday                Revelation 2:12 - 3:22
Wednesday           Revelation 4-6
Thursday              Revelation 7-9          
Friday                   Revelation 10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment