Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, December 5, 2016

resting in Him... to make me light...

"You are the light of the world. ..."
Matthew 5:14 ESV

Jesus told His disciples... 
in His sermon on a hill...
You are the light of the world...

And it struck me a while back...
the truth of this statement...
what He meant...
what He was saying...
you... are... the light...
I... am... the light...
in a very... dark... world...

There is no other light... in all the world...
only His disciples carry His Spirit in our hearts...
only we can let His light shine...
we alone have light to shine...

You... I... we... are... the... light... of... the... dark... world...

An overwhelming... awesome... task...
when you think of all the darkness...
come face to face with it daily...
through family... friends... community... church...

There is a great darkness...
and we... His people... are the only light...

A song sung in praise and prayer recently...
set me to wondering about being light again...

There is a candle in every soul
Some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a Spirit who brings a fire
Ignites a candle and makes His home

So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world

Frustrated brother, see how he's tried to
Light his own candle some other way
See now your sister, she's been robbed and lied to
Still holds a candle without a flame

So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, deceived and poor
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world

Singing... tears welled... ran down... 

You see... I feel as if darkness has been running to me lately...
frustrated brothers... sisters robbed and lied to ...
I know these people... love these people...
but feel helpless... to light their way...

So I ask Him...
Show me how... to be light... in the dark...

And I rest in this prayer...
and I listen for His way...
and I try to obey...
His quiet promptings...
give...
be quiet...
respect...

I don't do it perfectly... but I try...
it doesn't feel like being light...
because each call causes me suffering...
not a lot... but some... in small ways...
denying self... to be light for Him...

And I wonder...
Do they see it as light...?
will it make a difference...?

His Word calls His followers...
so I find myself...
resting in Him... to make me light...
His way... not mine...
and experiencing...
some of His suffering...
I come to know Him better...

But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings,
that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.
1 Peter 4:13 ESV


Looking forward... to His glory... being revealed...

No comments:

Post a Comment