Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, December 9, 2016

rest in Him... in the unknown...

I don't like not knowing...

The loved one's words remind me...
when we don't know...
we can rest in the fact...
He knows...

I used to feel the same way about the unknown...

Being one gifted at coming up with the worst case scenario in any given situation... I was prone to worry... anxiety... fear...

As I've learned to trust Him...
I find great peace... and comfort...
in His knowing...

He is NEVER caught by surprise... or off guard...
NEVER... is He at a loss for what to do...
NEVER... is He manipulated... or played the fool...

He knows...
so I don't have to...

I find rest in His knowing...
when things catch me off guard...
or I'm at a loss for what to do...
or I've been manipulated and played...

He knew... He knows...
and He has His glory...
and my good...
at the heart of it...

If you find yourself... like one I love... saying...
I don't like not knowing...
find rest...
in the truth...
the fact...
He knows...
and you don't have to...

O Lord, you have searched me and known me!
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.
You hem me in, behind and before,
and lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
Psalm 139:1-6 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment