Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

do i wait all the day... on Him...?

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all day." ---Psalm 25:5
... "On thee do I wait all the day." Patience is the fair handmaid and daughter of faith; we cheerfully wait when we are certain that we shall not wait in vain. It is our duty and our privilege to wait upon the Lord in service, in worship, in expectancy, in trust all the days of our life. Our faith will be tried faith, and if it be of the true kind, it will bear continued trial without yielding. We shall not grow weary of waiting upon God if we remember how long and how graciously he once waited for us.
---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening, July 8e
These words read this morning...
revealed facets of unbelief...
inspired confession...
and... hopefully... repentance...

I told Him... I'm tired of waiting... there's no use trying to hide it... You know already... my weariness...

And in the confession...
I hear a heart that doesn't fully trust...
I see a soul... waiting on change... not on Him...
eyes... focused on circumstance...
not on the hope... grace... or promise...

I had to ask...
Do I wait all the day... on Him...?

Well... No...
because if I did...
I would see Him...

Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility
against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
Hebrews 12:3 ESV

Changing my focus...
waiting on Him...
in service...
in worship...
in joyful expectancy...

Recognizing... that when I grow weary...
I'm not trusting Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment