Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, March 10, 2014

declare a blessing on me...?

The reading through of The Journey finds me camped out in Genesis... this last month spent looking into Beginnings...

I come to Jacob... wrestling with God... face to face... a place I'm familiar with... a place where I see every Believer's calling... privilege... as a son of Israel... great-grandchildren of Abraham...

God... through His Son... gives us the privilege of wrestling with Him in prayer... bringing doubts... fears... just as Jacob did on returning home... to face the brother he cheated...

We... adopted into this family by grace... invited into a wrestling match with our heavenly Father... the Creator and Keeper of our souls...

But today... I'm caught by the audacity of Jacob...

But Jacob said, I will not let You go
unless You declare a blessing upon me.
Genesis 32:26 Amp

Then I think of the blessings found in the Beginnings... they are blessings that define a life...

Adam and Eve... Noah... Be fruitful and multiply...

Abraham... Isaac... I will bless you and make your name great... in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed...

Jacob... Be lord over your brothers...

Esau... By your sword you shall live... you shall serve your brother...

And here is Jacob... demanding a blessing... believing he could hold the God of the universe captive... force Him to bless... audacious...

Then I wonder... Have I ever asked Him to bless me... define my life... by His blessing...?

I don't think I have... but here I find myself inspired... as a God-wrestler... to seek... beg... a blessing...

Lord... bless me...
What is Your blessing for me...?

No comments:

Post a Comment