Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Saturday, July 14, 2012

words that encourage

Yesterday morning... after the posting... the lesson of James continued...

Running late... I heard James McDonald on the radio... the topic... Family Conflict... the verse introduced...

Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life;
he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.
Proverbs 13:3

He continued... How do you guard your mouth?... then he gave a list...

     Five questions to ask before you speak:
  1. Is it true?
  2. Is it loving?
  3. Is it chosen?
  4. Is it fair?
  5. Is it time?
Wise teaching... good counsel... a lesson God truly wants me to learn...

This morning... I found encouragement... in my reading through... words I noticed yesterday... looking ahead...

Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
but he who hates reproof is stupid.
Proverbs 12:1
ESV

I remembered words spoken to the one I offended... when talking through forgiveness... wrestling with conflict...

Thank you... thank you for telling me how I hurt you...

If nothing else... I am grateful for the discipline... grateful for the opportunity to learn... more about me... however ugly... and more about him... the one I love...

And my Father in heaven... revealed through the myriad of discipline... and lessons... His love for me...

And you have forgotten that word of encouragement
that addresses you as sons:
"My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,
and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
because the Lord disciplines those he loves,
and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son."
Hebrews 12:5-6
(emphasis mine)

Has God shown His love for you lately... through discipline... rebuke...?
Give thanks...

No comments:

Post a Comment