Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 27, 2012

the only rest

I read it this morning... and it's true...

...God by his word calls us to nothing but what is really for our advantage; for the service of God is the only true rest for those that are weary of the service of sin and there is no refreshing but under the easy yoke of the Lord Jesus.
--- Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible, Isaiah 28 (my emphasis)


The truth affirmed... this week... many things to do... before going out of town this morning... as I look back... I don't know how it got done but it did... doing His work instead of mine... remembering it's His work and not mine... and must be done in His time...

I wondered where the usual anxiety... stress... was that accompanies weeks like this... it just wasn't... it was easy... a wonder to me...

"...Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls. ..." 
Matthew 11:29 

No comments:

Post a Comment