Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, July 9, 2012

choices

We make them... everyday...

Choices that affect our lives... and relationships...

I dreamed last night... about a friend... one that chose to break relationship... just stopped writing back... stopped answering calls... without reason... without explanation...

She had made choices... even though she didn't tell me what they were... I heard... through another... the choices she made... sin-full choices... that led to her choice to break relationship...

I never understood her choice to break with me...
Did she think I would reject... so she did first... to save pain...?
Did she think I would try to save...?
Did she think I wouldn't understand...?

I loved her... still do... my heart still breaks over the broken relationship...

Does she not know this love...?

Above all, love each other deeply,
because love covers a multitude of sins.
1Peter 4:8

Does she not love deeply...?
Does she reject... rather than cover...?

I've made choices too... sin-full ones... ones that merit rejection... ones I've hidden... for years... fearing rejection...

Over the last few years... God has led me to reveal... confess... sin to loved ones... ones I feared being rejected by... literal gut-wrenching fear... but with each confession... I found deep love... the kind that covers a multitude of sins...

A love I long to share with others... a love that brings freedom... a love I want to pour out like grace... to bring healing... to my friend who rejected me... because of her choices... to another who did the same...

It's risky to seek forgiveness... it involves exposing oneself... humiliating oneself... admitting sin... pride prevents... fear paralyzes... but love is at stake... freedom... and grace...


Lord... thank You... for the unmerited grace and love you have poured into my life... use me to pour it into the lives of others... that they might know... Your love...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment