Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 13, 2012

James 1: thoughts... part 5

Read James 1

It always happens... I should have known... been on guard...

When learning... studying... the Word... there is always a test... this week I failed... it was a pop quiz... me unprepared...

My dearly loved brothers, understand this:
Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak...
James 1:19
HCSB
(my emphasis)

The failing grade revealed last night seeking a reason for the silence... the unscheduled test apparently taken the night before... unbeknownst to me...

My grade: cruel... biting... crushing...

No intentional malice meant on my part... thinking back... trying to remember the exact words... but clearly I failed... to hear...

I didn't truly hear that his words were coming from the heart... words previously unshared... no perception of the exposed heart... or consideration... to where his words came from...

Everyone must be quick to hear.... F

Words from me... without thought... without intention... just speaking on my own... a conversation that seemed light... silly... my own foolish words added...

...slow to speak... F

Tears followed... forgiveness sought... from Him... and from him...

Before we slept... forgiveness granted... but... the harm I did left wounds... how quickly will they heal...? When will I be trusted again... with words from the heart...?

This morning... in the reading through...

The wise of heart will recieve commandments,
but a babbling fool will come to ruin.
Proverbs 10:8
ESV

The wise lay up knowledge,
but the mouth of a fool brings ruin near.
Proverbs 10:14
ESV

When words are many, transgression is not lacking,
but whoever restrains his lips is prudent.
Proverbs 10:19
ESV

The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable,
but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse.
Proverbs 10:32
ESV

With his mouth the godless man would destroy his neighbor,
but by knowledge the righteous are delivered.
Proverbs 11:9
ESV

Whoever belittles his neighbor lacks sense,
but a man of understanding remains silent.
Proverbs 11:12
ESV

A man who is kind benefits himself,
but a cruel man hurts himself.
Proverbs 11:17
ESV

Clearly... a lesson I need to take to heart... every word has power...

Reckless words pierce like a sword,
but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18

My dearly loved brothers and sisters... understand this... Everyone must be quick to hear... and slow to speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment