Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, July 20, 2012

love never fails

Last evening... I sat with a friend... holding hands... crying...

She lost her love... her husband... three weeks shy of their 63rd anniversary...

For more than six months... she cared for him in sickness... nursed him... loved him...

I didn't want to let him go...

I shared her sadness... her pain... yet... her words... thoughts... about her marriage... her love... were beautiful...

I didn't regret one day with him... he was good to me... never raised his voice... took care of me...

My own experience asked... You never once got so mad you wanted to walk out...?

No... not once...

She shared the months of sickness... in and out of hospitals... caring for him at home til she couldn't any longer... moving... together... into a nursing home...

I know he would have done the same for me...

And I believe he would have...

Tears well... throat tightens... even now...

Would anyone do such a thing for me... am I loved so well...? Will I prove to be such a love...?

It is an assurance and confidence I long for in my own marriage... to see it played out... till death do us part... is a beautiful thing... a rare thing...

An excellent wife who can find?
She is far more precious than jewels.
The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good, and not harm,
all the days of her life.
Proverbs 31:10-12
ESV

Lord... today... I pray for my friend... may she know Your great love for her... be her Husband in this time of loss... provide care and comfort... for this sweet friend in her time of need...

No comments:

Post a Comment