Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, November 10, 2013

taking the next step... with fear and trembling...

OK... here I am... at the end of a new... that leads to next steps...

The putting out into deep water... has brought me to this place... where steps are taken... with fear... and trembling...

I don't even know what words to use... so here it goes...

I've published a book...
and its available...
for purchase...

A Twenty-five Day Journey of Faith
for the Christmas Season

An e-book... so it's only available digitally... that can be found at...
WestBow Press...
and other sellers of books electronic...
Amazon...
GoogleBooks...
and hopefully more to come... before Thanksgiving...

Humbly... I come before you with this announcement... feeling vulnerable... exposed... and a little nauseated...

And I wonder... Why...?

This is not a process that has been taken lightly... and has been a very long time in the making...

But to be here... in this place... with a self-published book... wondering what I was thinking... all the inspiration... the surety... of His guidance... and direction... seems to have been wiped clean from my memory...

So here... I find myself... in a position... where self-promotion... is necessary... to let others know... what He means to me... and how... they might know Him too...

The Heart of Bethlehem... a book of devotionals... December 1 through Christmas Day...

Scriptures to look up and read... walk the reader through the Nativity story...

Prayer to begin... and end... with thoughts to share in between... questions to consider...

Geared for both Believers... and those who don't...

Perhaps you will consider it... for yourself... your family... or as a gift to share with others...

At this point... there is time to review... and consider if it is worthwhile... to share with those who don't know Him... and why He came... as a babe...

And if you feel so moved... I invite you to write a review... on Amazon... or wherever...

I've already used more words... than I thought I would in making this announcement at this table of faith... but you who come here... you know many of my struggles... and my heart for Him...

All day... I've been contemplating... exactly how this would come out... and the only two words... that came to mind were... fear and trembling...

Looking for the verse... that uses these words... I discovered... they came right before another verse I often lean on... when in doubt...

...work out your salvation with fear and trembling; 
for it is God who is at work in you, 
both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
2 Philippians 2:12-13 NASB

Whatever will moved me to work for this to happen... by faith I'm believing it is Him at work in me... and pray that it pleases Him...

From you... I would also ask for prayer... as I venture out to let others know... that I would have words... wisdom... and an attitude centered on pouring this out... for Him... with thanksgiving...


[Related fare...
in the Word
embracing... hard...
a day of new... and unknown...]

No comments:

Post a Comment