Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, November 21, 2013

learning to live... shame-less...

Shame-less... free from shame...

For so long... I've been walking under the influence of shame...

Uncomfortable... with His call on my life... self-conscious...

How awful... to be so uncomfortable... with what He calls me to... simply because I would prefer a person to call me to the task... validate... what I do...

It's much easier to explain the why of the doing by saying: So-and-so asked me to... rather than... God asked me to...

Minimizing His call in my life... like it's not enough... like it's a stigma...

How truly shame-full... is that...?!

Worrying whether others think I'm raising myself up...

But now... this pouring out... this humble act of self-promoting... has begun to free me... from the fear of man...

Freeing because... to self-promote... I must die to self...

I see now... REPENT NOW... of my shame-full attitude... of the works He has called me to...

The act of obedience... telling others... at His prompting... has revealed my shame of Him... in all it's glory... and has taught me... to release the fear of man... fully embrace fear of Him... and be shame-less...

Thank-full for the lesson...
His grace...
His forgiveness...

Really... it's just too much...

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
his greatness no one can fathom.
Psalm 145:3


[Related fare...


No comments:

Post a Comment