Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, November 17, 2013

seeing the Father... in the midst of worship...

Sunday morning worship... in the midst of singing... I Surrender All... I see it... in a pew... just across and down from where I stand...

A father standing next to his daughter... she just 5 years old... he stroking her hair... looking down at her from time to time... standing at her side...

I sense my Father saying... He does the same to me...

Then I see... on the opposite end... of the same pew with the father stroking hair... a grandfather holding his granddaughter... perhaps she's three...

She cradles his face in her small hands as he sings... her smile wide... she snuggles her head on his shoulder... arms around his neck... he holding her firmly... securely...

And I sense my Father say... This is how I carry you...

The hymn continues... I surrender all...

And I wonder... How could I not surrender all... to the One who made the Way... for me to get to my Father... who stands at my side... and carries me close... with His love...?


No comments:

Post a Comment