Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, November 24, 2013

practicing... Psalm 62...

This morning I awoke all stirred up... for the one who appears stumped...

Feeling the need to act... take control of the situation... help... fix... as if I could...

Seeking guidance before acting... I bowed low... before the only One who has control... can help... fix...

Reminded... to cling to a psalm... one being set to memory...

For God alone my soul waits in silence; 
from him comes my salvation.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress;
I shall not be greatly shaken.
Psalm 62:1-2 ESV

This verse... became prayer... 

For You alone... my soul waits in silence... at rest... still...
From You... comes my salvation...
You only... are my Rock and my salvation... my defense...
I shall not be greatly shaken...

Peace descended... the need to act set to rest... before the One who will act...

Trusting Him... with the one so loved... the one for whom a heart aches...

A prayer returned to... multiple times today... 

One that will  be repeated... again... and... again... as needed...

Thank-full for the opportunities... to practice silence... be still... rest in Him...

No comments:

Post a Comment