Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Friday, October 4, 2013

a day of new... and unknown...

Spent the day doing something I've never done before... filled with questions... no one to ask...

Emails sent... voicemails left... phone calls missed... emails received that stir up more questions...

New... filled with unknowns... sometimes feels like walking in the dark...

A self-imposed deadline... doesn't help... when there are multiple other things to do... with their own deadlines...

But in this dark... I sense another new... an attitude... of peace...

The steps of freedom... leave their mark... in the midst of unknowns...

Unknown... whether I'm doing the new thing right... or how I'll finish all I need to do...

A devotional... read earlier... caused me to recognize... my inner new...
Mankind has a voracious appetite for finding out what the future will bring. Astrologers and fortunetellers capitalize on this lust to peer into secret things --- things that belong to Me. However, to feast on Me you must live in the present moment. This is where you can encounter Me and enjoy My Presence. As you come to the table of My delights, be sure to bring your fork of trust and your spoon of thankfulness. Take plenty of time enjoying Me, and your soul will delight in the richest fare.
---Sarah Young, Jesus Lives
I wasn't trying to consult an astrologer today... just a consultant... to find my way through the new...

Yet here... with the sun setting... I find that I have been in His presence... trusting... thankful... all day...

And hopefully... into the night...

"...I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future. ..."
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment