Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Light... reveals a different perspective...

Light... it shines... into places where I've only seen dark... disappointment... despair...

The study with sisters... reveals... how God works... in the wilderness...

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
and bring her into the wilderness,
and speak tenderly to her. ..."
Hosea 2:14 ESV

Sometimes... He allures... His children... into the wilderness... entices... them to a place... of set backs... failures... and falsehoods... a place where nothing grows... but He does it with purpose...

Once in the wilderness... we begin to see the futility... of what we've followed... and at the point we fully comprehend our dire need... He speaks tenderly... to win His children back...

I look back over my own walk... and I see where He allowed such a time in my life... early in my walk... I wandered deep into the wilderness of anxiety... and fear...

It was in this place... where He began to reveal... unbelief... dependence on others... and not on Him...

His wooing... in this desert... began a steadier walk of faith... that is still growing... continuing... to increase my love for Him... my faith in Him...

It was a very painful time... one I kept hidden... but I see now... how He used it... for my good... and His glory...

So the new perspective... is translated in the lives of the loved ones... on whom I wait...

I now see... their wilderness walks... as their heavenly Father... wooing them... to the place where everything fails... but Him...

A time to recognize... the futility... of all they chase after... that is not Him...

Yes... it is painful to watch... but now I see... the Father who loves them (more than me)... chasing them with an uncompromising love... to the place... where He can speak tenderly... to hearts prepared... to hear... and receive...

"... And there I will give her her vineyards
and make the Valley of Achor (trouble) a door of hope. ..."
Hosea 2:15 ESV

Father God... thank You for Your Light... 
that reveals a different perspective...
If the desert they must go... for You to woo... and win... 
then... Amen...

No comments:

Post a Comment