Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Monday, October 14, 2013

joyful waiting...?

I sense a change in perspective lately... one that surprises me... causes flesh to squirm... resist... this new posture... attitude...

You see... I'm waiting for many things...
big things... eternal things...
salvation of loved ones...
deliverance of others... from fears... and sins...
Things that generally make my heart lean toward worry...

But what I sense lately... the posture God is calling me to take... is one of joyful waiting... choosing anticipation... over worry... and doubt...

I see myself... waiting joyfully... against a door...
waiting for the moment... with expectation... certainty...
like for the arrival of the honored guest at a surprise party...

This stance is new for my heart... the heart that can come up with the worst case scenario of any given situation... the heart that chooses half-empty... over half-full...

But I feel it... joy... seeping through... turning care-full concern... into biblical hope... a faith-full hope... expectant... it will happen... I just don't know when...

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for 
and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

The funny thing about this hope... is that it fuels my prayer for the anticipated joy... intercession fueled by expectation...

Much different from the worry... when doubt... caused me to avoid prayer... give up on asking... futility the overwhelming emotion...

Who would have thought...?

So now... I choose... to surrender... to this call... of joy-full waiting... hope-full waiting...

And hope does not disappoint us,
because God has poured out his love into our hearts
by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
Romans 5:5

Lord... help me to resist the call of my flesh to worry... and rest in Your call of joyful waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment