Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

really...?

This morning... in the margin... I wrote... Really?



An idea... presented as a truth... regarding abiding...

"...I am the vine; you are the branches. 
Whoever abides in me and I in him, 
he it is that bears much fruit, 
for apart from me you can do nothing. ..."
John 15:5
ESV
(emphasis added)

Now this... I knew... and accepted... about abiding... 
but when the author... says...

Without the branch the vine can also do nothing. A vine without branches can bear no fruit. No less indispensable than the vine to the branch, is the branch to the vine. Such is the wonderful condescension of the grace of Jesus, that just as His people are dependent on Him, He has made Himself dependent on them. Without His disciples He cannot dispense His blessing to the world;  He cannot offer sinners the grapes of the heavenly Canaan. Marvel not! It is His own appointment; and this is the high honor to which He has called His redeemed ones, that as indispensable as He is to them in heaven, that from Him their fruit may be found, so indispensable are they to Him on earth, that through them His fruit may be found. Believers, meditate on this, until your soul bows to worship in the presence of the mystery of the perfect union between Christ and the believer.                                                                                      --- Andrew Murray, Abide in Christ (emphasis added)

Without the branch the vine can also do nothing... REALLY...?

So I meditate... and invite you to do the same...

This truth... it hits hard.... just like the fact that we... Believers... are the light... THE ONLY LIGHT... in a dark world...

A great responsibility... a reason to go low... before Him... to empty self... and allow Him space... for His Life... to flow... His Light... to shine... through...

I have been crucified with Christ
and I no longer live,
but Christ lives in me...
Galatians 2:20

Lord... help me to accept my death...
that You might live through me...
that You might be seen... instead of me...
that I might bear fruit... for Your glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment