Develope a Palate

Develope a Palate
Daily intake of the Word nourishes the Spirit. Jeremiah's Menu is an exercise in recognizing God's Word made flesh in and around me. Eating the Word in a way that supplies the spiritual nutrients needed to grow. The Menu is offered with the hope of inspiring you to taste and see that the Lord is good. Bon Appetite!

Quote Du Jour

Quote du Jour
Christians may differ on a variety of points, but they have all one spiritual appetite; and if we cannot all feel alike, we can all feed alike on the bread of life sent down from heaven. At the table of fellowship with Jesus we are one bread and one cup. As the loving cup goes round we pledge one another heartily therein. Get nearer to Jesus, and you will find yourself linked more and more in spirit to all who are like yourself, supported by the same heavenly manna. ---Charles Spurgeon, Morning and Evening

Sunday, January 27, 2013

learning respect... part 5...

The C... it came slowly... difficult to hear...

For me... in waiting for a teaching to continue...

R... revere...
E... engage...
S... stand at the crossroads and look...
P... pure...
E... earnest...
C
T

... is the temptation to rush... to go ahead... to figure it out on my own... doubts rising... the end so close... Will He continue to teach...?

I asked... for more revelation... but... then it's like I tried to guess what will be next... impatient... "c" words... tumbled through my brain... I don't want my word... but Yours...

Then it came... quietly...

Choice...

Respect... is a choice... once we stand and consider the outcome of our behavior... respect vs disrespect... we must choose...

Yesterday... I made a choice... a portion of the definition of respect... came to mind...

...to refrain from interfering with...

As my husband did a job... for me... just... for... me... on Saturday morning... my spirit... was continually reminded... 

...do not interfere...

Now understand... this was a job I wanted done... a change that I physically couldn't make myself... one that took hours... and really benefited no one but me...

And it was a job... I had to let my husband do... his way... out of respect... I did not interfere...

But as I stood by and let him do... the phrase... it echoed... do not interfere...

The Spirit doesn't tell you anything unless you need to hear it... the Counselor... giving the encouragement you need...

The Spirit didn't repeatedly tell Joshua... Be strong and courageous... because he was... it was because that's what he needed to be reminded...  to be... what he did not feel... as he led God's people... into the Promised Land...

So yesterday... that is what I needed to hear... Why...? Because I wanted... to... interfere... to direct... to help... to say... I have a better way...

I realized... how disrespectful... I have been over the years... interfering... in places where he asked for no help...
telling stories...
driving from point A to point B...
various jobs around the house...

The lesson of respect... as a choice... making an impact... do not interfere...

And I was blessed... my husband... he went way beyond... what I asked... and expected... him to do...

In that choice... my respect... for my husband... magnified... enlarged... grew...

Respect... is a choice...

When divinely directed... from a pure heart... with a focus on entering a promised land... in marriage... mindful... of God's plan... and desire... the choice... to respect... is blessed...

Lord... I'm blown away... by Your teaching... Your thoughts... too wonderful... to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment